Friday, February 07, 2014

The Water Diet: Day 5

The new year got off to a bumpy start, so Allyson and I have hit the rest button, and this week I began a diet of my own devising (though I’m sure I’m not the first to come up with the idea). I call it the water diet, and it’s pretty simple: For the next two months the only thing I will drink is water. No coffee, no booze, no soda, no juice. Just water. (As an aside, it’s generally not recommended to drink the tap water here in UB. Our tap water is distilled, and when I go out I order bottled water.)


This experiment began last Monday (Feb. 3). So far it’s going well. It gets a tad boring, just drinking water all the time, but the lack of calories compensates for the lack of variety. I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat, too, but I'm not radically altering my diet in any way. The goal is to lose a few pounds and give myself a bit of a cleanse. We'll see how it goes...