Monday, September 13, 2010

Over the weekend we went to a memorial service for an old high school friend of Allyson’s who was killed in a traffic accident a couple months ago. When attending such a service, one inevitably begins to wonder: What will be said about me at my memorial service?

For the record, I do not believe the following things will (or should) be said about me, should I ever die:
He loved/had a joy for life.

He lived on the edge.

He lived life to the fullest.

He was patient.

He loved everybody he met.

He never daydreamed about mercilessly beating anybody who ever butted in front of him in lines.

He accepted with grace the shortcomings in others.

He loved to cook.

He loved the blues. My, how he loved the blues.

He was an optimist.

He always saw the good in people.

Don’t know the difference between its and it’s? Didn’t matter to him!

He despised trashy daytime TV. In fact, he hardly watched TV at all.

He thought Larry the Cable Guy was hilarious. And Jim Belushi was his favorite actor.