Friday, May 22, 2009

Drove from Indianapolis to western Maryland yesterday (eight hours). Had a wonderful time in Indy, mainly due to the hospitality of my hosts, Claire and Jim Clark. Claire, who plays a minor role in the book, has become my biggest fan in Indiana. On Wednesday night she and Jim even hosted a party for me. It was a blast, and I am still recovering! ...

Click here
to read a very nice review of the book in the Jackson (Mississippi) Free Press. ...

Tonight (Friday night) at 7:30 I will be doing a reading at Main Street Books in Frostburg, Maryland. (Beforehand I will be having dinner across the street at the Princess Restaurant, where Harry and Bess stopped for lunch on their way east). Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be appearing at the Frederick County Public Library in Frederick, Maryland, at 1:00 PM.