Saturday, May 10, 2008

I ran a 5K today and boy are my legs tired. I hadn't run a race since high school - 25 years ago. But, as part of an effort to "get in shape," I signed up for the National Police Week 5K, a 3.1 mile race around Capitol Hill. I began training, oh, about four days ago. First day I couldn't run more than a half mile. Second day I barely made it a mile. Third day I took off.

But today I managed to run the whole race - I never stopped to walk. I wasn't very fast. My time was 33:41, which put me 90th out of 112 in my age division. But, hey, I was faster than 22 other forty-something guys.

Allyson also ran, and she kicked my butt. She finished in 28:07, good enough for 32nd out of 135 in her age division. But she jogs all the time. That's sort of like cheating, isn't it?

No comments: