Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Eagle-eyed readers may have noticed that I recently updated my photograph on this blog. The new picture is from fifth or sixth grade at St. Agnes School in Sellersville, Pennsylvania. I found it recently in a box o' stuff at my mom and dad's house.

Picture day was always exciting in Catholic school (at least in mine), because it was the only day we were allowed to wear "regular" or "normal" clothes instead of our uniforms (navy blue pants, white shirts, plaid ties). So, for that one day at least, we could "pass" as "publics" (i.e., public school kids).

I remember that peach-colored shirt fondly. I wore it with light green pants, as I recall. It was a striking ensemble. My dad generously cut my hair for free.

Come to think of it, it's rather odd that we *didn't* wear our uniforms on picture day...

No comments: