Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I borrowed my parents’ car for this trip: a 1995 Dodge Stratus. It had 97,458 miles on it when I started. Today, on I-70 east of Columbus, at mile marker 126, at 11:26 AM, it hit 100,000 miles.

I tried calling Dad on my cell phone to share the moment, but the number was busy. Mom and Dad don’t have call waiting. They don’t even have touch-tone service. You have to pay extra for touch-tone service. Dad says the phone company should pay *him* to switch to touch-tone. He’s right. Since rotary dialing takes longer than touch-tone dialing, it costs the phone company more money.

Anyway, I have a disposable camera, so I decided to take pictures of the odometer at 99,999 and 100,000 for posterity. But the camera ran out of film after the first picture. I hope it turns out.

1 comment:

Guv said...

Guv! Since you are stateside, you should call me! I'm always up late, and it's always way earlier in the NorthWest.

Do it!