Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sorry I haven’t posted anything for a couple weeks. I know my faithful readers have been eagerly awaiting an update. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Two weeks ago Allyson and I went to Djenne and Mopti. Had a nice trip. In Djenne we even got to go inside the famous mud mosque, which was very cool. (We also stayed in a hotel with bedbugs, which wasn't very cool. Fortunately we didn't bring any of the little buggers home with us.)

In Mopti Allyson worked hard all day, while I mostly sat in my air-conditioned room and did some research (i.e., reading).

Last week Allyson’s parents were here for a visit (they just left last night). We had a nice relaxing week, saw the sights around Bamako, but mostly just hung around the house.

On Sunday I leave for the States to begin working on the Harry Truman book.

No comments: