Wednesday, April 25, 2007


Found this over at www.phillyist.com. It's a Negro League monument in Philadelphia. Check out that typo! ... In a similar vein, my brother Howard overhead a great misuse of "literally" recently: A guy on a cell phone tells his friend, "You are literally going to laugh your ass off." Call Dr. House! ... Authors have a saying: The only thing worse than seeing your friends fail in publishing is seeing them succeed. Well that most definitely does *not* apply in this case: My friend Colin Woodard's new book just came out. It's called "The Republic of Pirates: Being the True and Surprising Story of the Caribbean Pirates and the Man Who Brought Them Down." It's getting great reviews, and I couldn't be happier for Colin. (Click here to purchase a copy.) ... Tomorrow is election day here in Mali, and I will be monitoring the balloting as an "observateur international." I will tell you how it went next week.

No comments: