Friday, January 26, 2007


My friends Scott and Deb Westcott e-mailed me this picture of their son Ben reading my book (which they got him for Christmas). Very cool! Incidentally, I learned this week that the book will be coming out in paperback this fall. … When you hear that someone “literally lost their head,” you can be pretty sure that the word “literally” is being misused. But not always! (Thanks to my friend Gary Andrew Poole for that one. By the way, Gary’s got a great blog called In the Fray. Check it out.) … Did the 1980 Phillies wear jerseys that zipped up or buttoned up? It’s a controversy that raged on this blog last fall. Well, new evidence has surfaced that the jerseys had zippers before 1987 and buttons thereafter. … Next weekend Allyson and I will be attending the annual Festival sur le Niger, a three-day African music and arts festival in Segou, about three hours up the river from Bamako. Accommodations in Segou are almost impossible to find during the festival, but friends who are renting a house have offered to share it with us. It’s supposed to be a pretty amazing festival, and we’re really looking forward to going.

No comments: