Thursday, October 19, 2006

Last night on ESPN, baseball analyst John Kruk described the speedy New York Mets shortstop Jose Reyes as "a guy who can literally fly." Yet the Mets still lost the pennant. Go figure. ... Last week I mentioned how disappointed I was that my fantastic new book failed to win the Nobel Prize. Well, one of my faithful readers has informed me that my book wasn't even eligible for the Nobel this year. It, will, however, be eligible next year. So let the campaigning begin: Last Team Standing for a Nobel in '07! ... Congratulations to my sister-in-law, Elise Kauzlaric, who is appearing in "King Lear" at the Goodman Theater in Chicago. The New York Times' review of the play even includes a picture of her. Very cool.

1 comment:

Howard said...

Authors win Nobel Prizes, not books. If you want to win a prize, I'll start the American Sports History Foundation. I promise you will be the first author to be honored with the Buck the Bartender Prize for Historical Sports Writing.