Monday, October 02, 2006



The interview I taped last month at WUWM in Milwaukee ran today on the station’s daily magazine program, Lake Effect. (You can listen to it by clicking here.) I thought it sounded pretty good (except for the fact that I had a bad cold at the time), and in the four hours after it ran, my book’s ranking on Amazon.com leapt from 32,000-something to 6,000-something. Many thanks to Lake Effect executive producer (and Close Personal Friend) Mitch Teich, not only for making the interview possible, but also for giving me a place to stay while I was in Milwaukee.

Nothing much planned in the way of promotion for the next couple days, and on Wednesday I fly back to Bamako.

1 comment:

mitch teich said...

I'd just like to point out how tall I look in the Lake Effect promotional picture. That's all.