Friday, September 08, 2006



My friend Bob Kaminski snapped this photo of my book on display in the bookstore at Philadelphia International Airport. I have to admit, it is very cool seeing the book in stores. I'm still waiting to see someone actually reading it in public, so I can slide up and say, "So, I've heard a lot about that book. Is it any good?" (Of course, I might not get the answer I want...)

Good news: I went to the endodontist today and he said I don't need a root canal. Bad news: He says I need *two*. Well, he actually said I don't *need* them, but he said I should probably have them since I live in Africa, which apparently is not on U.S. News & World Report's Top 10 list of places to have a root canal. Prophylactic root canals. Nice.

Back on the book front, yesterday morning I did an interview for the morning news program on CN8, Comcast's cable TV channel in Philadelphia. They put makeup on me and everything. The whole segment lasted about four minutes and went really well. Not so much my next interview...

I walked from the CN8 studios at 12th and Market to the Inquirer building on North Broad Street to tape an hour-long interview for the Pennsylvania Cable Network's weekly book program ("PA Books"). Well, it was a warm day and by the time I got there I was dripping in sweat (of course). I couldn't cool down and sweated like Nixon through the whole interview. It was simultaneously embarrassing and amusing. At one point they actually stopped taping to give me a chance to towel off. I was disappointed because, well, when the interview runs next month, I will be on TV, perspiring profusely, for an hour. I don't think I'll watch.

Tonight I will be on WOND, a radio station in Atlantic City, at 7:20. Be sure to tune in, my A.C. homies!

By the way, my friend Mitch Teich has a blog that has been nominated for Blog of the Week at MKE Online, the website of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's weekly feature magazine. Mitch's blog is called 19 Minutes Past the Hour, and it's much more interesting/informative/entertaining/enlightening than my own feeble attempt at blogging. Mitch actually says things about people beside himself. Anyway, if you have a few seconds, click here to vote for Mitch's blog. I think the grand prize is a trip to Rome. Or nothing. I'm not sure which.

No comments: